Update by user Mar 29, 2013

UPDATE 3/29/13 I have received at least 4 calls now from the CEO and the head of customer service.They have absolutely listened to me, the consumer, about my experience.

I truly feel they took it to heart and will act upon the wrongs of the past. The sales team at the LA County Fair in 2012 were from a private contractor and they said they sure would do a better job of scrutinizing who they let sell their spas in the future. I also have been well taken care of with the head of production and also maintenance sent to my house to check my spa and gazebo over and bring me wonderful gifts.

Kudos to Cal Spas for listening to their customers, and caring enough to apologize and vow to get better.Time and future actions will tell, but my faith in the company has been restored and I do believe this was an isolated incident and not how they normally conduct business.

Original review posted by user Mar 15, 2013

We bought our spa and gazebo from Cal Spas at the LA County Fair in 2012.When they arrived to set it up, not only were there options missing from the spa, but there were items from the gazebo package missing as well.

I had asked the "closer" if she needed to write down each individual piece that was to be included in the sale--she said "No, its all in the package". When everything arrives differently, I called to complain. Cal Spas says that both of the salesman and the closer had lied to us, promised us items that they couldnt deliver, there were no "package deals", and I couldnt talk to those salesmen since they didnt even work for Cal Spas (as they told me they did)!! Apparently they are private contractors that promise anything and then disappear.

Then Cal Spas pleads innocent and the buyer just loses. I have talked to other buyers, and have heard the same story. Cal Spas commits Fraud by using the Bait and Switch as their business model! Here is what was missing from my delivery: Redwood bar, 4 stools, built in towel rack, glass holder, redwood stairs, 8 LED lights in the Spa, and also came with a different Ipod docking system than the model I bought.

Thank god we had taken pictures of the package we bought. Only after numerous calls over a month and the threat of court action, were we finally able to start the spa and were told they would send the missing items. Nothing could be done about the lights so we still lost out. BUYER BEWARE!

Make sure you insist they write EVERYTHING on your contract. Also take pictures of everything.

That was the only thing that saved us.

Had an Experience with Cal Spas?

Comments